Will County will mail real estate property tax bills on Wednesday, May 1, 2019. These bills are for taxes owed in 2018.
The First Installment must be paid by June _, 2019 with the Second Installment due on September _, 2019. [DATES TO BE DETERMINED].
Where Do You Pay Your Taxes?
There are several convenient ways to pay your real estate property taxes.
- Taxes may be paid online at www.willcountytreasurer.com.
- Mail payments to Will County Collector, PO Box 5000, Joliet, IL 60434-5000.
- At one of many bank and credit union branches across Will County.
- In person, weekdays from 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM at the Will County Building, 302 North Chicago Street, Joliet. There is a Drop Box in the parking lot for after-hours payment.
How Do You Pay Your Taxes?
- Payment by auto-draft from your checking or savings account is the quickest, safest, and least expensive method. There is no fee for eCheck or ACH payments.
- Our website accepts major credit cards such as Visa and MasterCard. Convenience fees apply and are non-refundable.
- If mailing, make checks payable to Will County Collector. Your canceled check is the receipt.
- Payment is void if the check fails to clear. There is an additional $25.00 fee for returned checks.
- Post dated checks are illegal and will not be held for processing.
- Personal checks received after 4:30 PM, Central Time, October __, 2018 [DATE TO BE DETERMINED] will be returned regardless of postmark.
Other Helpful Information
- The last day to pay in person is November __, 2019 [DATE TO BE DETERMINED]. The County will sell any outstanding tax amount after this day at our Annual Tax Sale.
- When you receive your tax bill, the period to protest your property assessment has expired.