The Will County Treasurer has established a program to make it easier for taxpayers to pay their property taxes throughout the year and is a voluntary program.
- There will be a $5.00 one-time fee per parcel after May 1, 2022. This fee is waived for property owners 65 years of age or older.
- Pre-payments are held in an account until the next tax bill is calculated; funds on deposit are then applied to the total tax due.
- We will then issue a tax bill reflecting those payments.
Please review the Will County Prepayment Brochure for more information.
To request a refund please complete and submit the Request for Prepayment Refund form. No refunds will be given until after May 1st.
The Will County Treasurer also accepts partial payments toward the current tax amount due.
- A $3.00 fee is required with each payment, per parcel. (This is subject to change).
- Partial payments received after the installment due dates will be applied proportionately first to interest and then tax.
- Any balance remaining unpaid after the last day to pay will be offered at our Annual Tax Sale.